- John Marston established J. Marston & Son at the Horninglow Brewery, Burton upon Trent.
- Acquisitions in Burton, Hinckley and Coventry expanded the estate and bought pubs with them.
- Marston & Son Ltd amalgamated with John Thompson & Son Ltd and moved to Albion Brewery, where the company still operates.
- Amalgamated with Sydney Evershed to become Marston, Thompson & Evershed.
- Further Acquisitions in Shropshire, Stoke, Cumbria, Worcester, Winchester, Macclesfield and Manchester.
- Marston's purchased Border Breweries (Wrexham) Ltd, adding substantially to its Estate in Cheshire and North Wales.
- Acquired by Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries PLC.
- Began brewing Bass draught at Albion Brewery
- Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries became Marston's PLC
"Marston's have been brewing beer in Burton for over 150 years, and have been in Albion brewery for 90 years now"