- Banks's and Company began brewing at Park Brewery in Wolverhampton.
- The Wolverhampton & Dudley Brewery was formed from an amalgamation of three local breweries, including Banks's and Co.
- Acquired North Worcestershire Breweries.
- Acquired John Rolinson and Sons Ltd at Netherton, Kidderminster Brewery Co, City Brewery Co in Lichfield and the wines and spirits business of Robert Allen and Co Ltd of Worcester.
- Acquired Julia Hanson and Sons ltd of Dudley.
- Acquired the Broadway Brewery at Shifnal.
- Floated on the Stock Exchange for the first time.
- JW Cameron and Co Ltd of Hartlepool was acquired.
- Marston, Thompson and Evershed Ltd of Burton upon Trent was Acquired
- Mansfield Brewery Co Ltd was acquired
- Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries became Marston's PLC
"Marston's PLC is the largest surviving independent brewing company in the country"