In the 19th Century, Burton-upon-Trent became famous for brewing the best beer for export to thirsty ex-pats and colonial soldiers in India.
With its pale appearance, strong hoppy taste and higher alcoholic strength Marston's Old Empire comprises all the genuine characteristics of a true India Pale Ale, which were necessary to last the three month journey from Burton to Bombay. Old Empire is brewed using optic malt, a subtle and paler grain that will allow other flavours to come through on the palate. Goldings and Fuggle Hops are added to this brew, which is then late hopped with the American Cascade variety for extra hop strength.
- Old Empire is available to purchase online as part of our Brewer’s Head Choice Selection at www.classicales.co.uk
Old Empire Fast Facts
- Marstons Old Empire is a genuine India Pale Ale with an abv of 5.7%
- You will find it available on draught in select cask ale pubs nationwide.
- It is also available in 500ml bottles in all major supermarkets, for you to savour at home.
- 3.2 UK units per 568ml pint
- 2.9 UK units per 500ml bottle
Please enjoy our products responsibly. See www.drinkaware.co.uk for advice.